While studying in Australia, who wouldn’t love to brunch on the beach or snack in the shacks? But between classes, assignments and extra curricular’s, there’s hardly any time to celebrate a meal. What you need is an ambient, affordable place close to Uni that serves delectable meals. The University of Newcastle, being one of the top universities near Sydney, is surrounded by student friendly eateries and here are our top 5 recommendations.
- Aroma Café – Other than highly ranked universities, what makes studying in Australia a sought after dream among students is the unforgettable college life it offers. The University of Newcastle is no different. With a wide range of on-campus food joints, it makes campus a great hangout spot in itself! Our top recommendation is Aroma Café. Walk over for a hot cuppa along with sandwiches, wraps, salads and more!
- Bhakti Tree – A trendy, hip eating joint, frequented by students from top universities in and around Sydney from various streams, programs, UG and PG courses, is a must visit. A popular place with an Indian boho vibe, the food served here is vegetarian with vegan options available. A mix of North and South Indian meals and snacks, the menu also offers a number of refreshing beverages.
- Hunter Gourmet Pizza – The world loves pizza and there are those definite days when only a pizza will do. You might think studying in Australia, you wouldn’t have such specific desires but you’re wrong. That’s why here’s the best cure for your mid-day pizza cravings! Head over to Hunter’s for delicious pizza, garlic bread and beverages. Finish up with one of their delectable sweet offerings.
- Ruan Kao Thai – Our love for Asian food doesn’t dwindle, no matter which part of the world we are in. So this one is our top pick for lip smacking Thai food very close to the University. Rated the best Thai food in Newcastle by reviewers, this is a must-try!
- Gandha’s – For that uncontrollable homesickness and comfort of a home cooked Indian meal, head over to Gandha’s for a lovely Indian meal. Everything from samosas, a full-fledged Indian main course menu to Indian desserts, this place will satisfy all your food cravings.
The Education Post brings you the best, handpicked selections for the ultimate college experience from food, travel and lifestyle to universities, courses and more. These were our top picks for food around the University of Newcastle. If you have visited the campus or dined in any of these restaurants, do let us know your experience!
Anupama Kumar is a content writer based in Bangalore, India. She writes blogs, stories, articles and social media content and has a passion for helping people and connecting with them through her writing. A professional writer by day and a creative one by night, her own stories, musings, quotes, and poems inspired by her travels are also published on various platforms.
Read More Articles at The Education Post.