Where urban meets marine, there is a unique setting that isn’t easy to come by. That’s what we love about the location of the University of New South Wales, ranked one of the top 10 universities in Australia. At close proximity to some of Australia’s best beaches, it makes studying here a student paradise. The Education Post lists down the best beaches to visit near the UNSW campus for you.
- Bondi – This one is everyone’s favorite! The hype though, is not without reason. Surfers, swimmers, sunbathers, families and friends love this beach alike. Pristine sand and clear blue waters make it an Instagrammers’ favorite too! And the beautiful sunset is a cherry on top of a perfect beach outing here at Bondi!
- Coogee – The best thing about popular beaches is the numerous activities that await visitors. Coogee is full of small and big treats for different interests making it a perfect hangout spot for a mixed group of college friends. Surfing, swimming, natural baths, snacking, lounging are some of the many things you can do here. So, take your pick and plan your day at Coogee beach.
- Milk beach – Just like the New York skyline, while studying in Australia, you can view the fantastic city scape of Sydney from this short yet serene beach within the Sydney Harbor National Park. Enjoy a beautiful urban sunset here with your friends before hitting the best watering holes in the city over the weekend!
- Gordons bay – Perfectly preserved by a reef and nestled between two mainstream beaches, this one makes for a perfect outing to unwind in a place away from the otherwise crowded destinations. Don’t miss the one of its kind underwater nature trail while you’re here to really enjoy the secluded, protected marine beauty of this bay.
- Bronte beach – A little over a kilometer from Bondi is Bronte beach and you would find this one a refreshing, more serene alternative to the bustling Bondi beach. From mid-level to pro surfers, this beach offers a slightly more challenging setting with its land meets water terrain. Even if you don’t surf, this beach promises a wonderful retreat from the demanding university life.
- Neilson park – A beautiful destination, a trail through the national park and a warm, cozy picnic spot. Neilson park is all of this and more! Visit this busy yet secluded city spot where you can grab a snack and some coffee, take a walk or just relax. Getting there is easy as It is well connected to city routes.
- Tamarama beach – Playfully known as Glamarama, this is a beach frequented by models, European sunbathers, backpackers and all the hip communities in and around Sydney. Perfect for university students, if you are looking for a beach to really let loose, this is it!
Have fun at these top destinations with your best buddies and tell us about your wonderful outings at these marvelous beaches. Browse through The Education Post’s other top picks to make your life at college a memorable journey!
Anupama Kumar is a content writer based in Bangalore, India. She writes blogs, stories, articles and social media content and has a passion for helping people and connecting with them through her writing. A professional writer by day and a creative one by night, her own stories, musings, quotes, and poems inspired by her travels are also published on various platforms.
Read More Articles at The Education Post.